GM Nameplate has developed a one-of-a-kind way to create a nameplate. They have dubbed the product ElectraGraphics and it consists of a stainless steel base with graphics plated in gold or chrome on the surface. The outcome is a identification piece that communicates class.
- Platings available include chrome or gold (alone or in combination)
- Any combination of screen printed colors may be added
- Stainless steel may have a variety of finishes including brushed, satin or spin
- Jewelry-like quality
- Wide range of custom color and texture choices
- May be combined with doming to further the 3-D effect
- Tooling may not be required depending on part size and shape, decreasing cost and lead time
- Does not require engraving masters like Electroform, thereby decreasing cost and lead time
- Well-suited to smaller parts with detailed graphics, as the process handles fine lines exceptionally well
- Must be constructed using stainless steel, which may not be optimal for all applications.